Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I hope you all enjoyed your Fourth of July and the long weekend that followed!  We had a pretty low-key fourth as my hubby had to work the next day.  However, we had people over on the third and lit a few fireworks of our own.  On the actual 4th we spent the day at our in-laws pool and went home to grill for supper.  At about 10pm that night, I took Caden and we drove around the town to look for the best spot to watch fireworks.  We found a perfect spot in a school parking lot and got a great seat for a bug free fireworks show!

For the weekend after the 4th of July, we were headed off to my grandparents.  While packing my two older boys were downstairs playing and my oldest comes up saying, "Holden knocked my tooth out".  My thoughts were "yeah right"!  But then he convinced me and then my next though was, "oh my goodness, its probably an adult front tooth"  and panic ensued.  After realizing it was a baby tooth and giving Caden some ibuprofen for a headache Holden comes up the stairs without a diaper!  Then Caden runs down exclaiming "Holden peed on my bed"!  Oh my word!  I could only laugh.  It seemed like my near 2 year old was saying "take that!"

My grandparents live in a little town called New Effington and they were having their 100 year Centennial celebration the weekend of the 6th and 7th.  It was full of small town activities in which the entire weekend Friday-Sunday the whole main street was blocked off.  They had a children's run followed by a 5k, inflatables for the kids, souvenirs, dj's and a band playing both Friday and Saturday night. It was a great time and great to see family.  We had the opportunity to have a free babysitter both nights and what did we do?  We were in bed by 11:00 pm - that's right folks, we are getting old.  My own grandmother stayed up later!  This having an 8 week old baby and having a near 2 year old is really making me want to sleep when I can get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment